Are you also a victim of ugly acne? Most of the teenagers, along with many adults, often complain about the acne problem as it is tagged as a common symptom of hormonal changes due to puberty. Acne is a kind of disease that is mostly because of the oil glands found at the bottom of hair follicles. During puberty, these oil glands are activated due to hormonal changes that occur both in males and females.
What are the causes of Acne formation?
The factors that lead to acne formation are:
• Over discharge of oil from the glands- Hair follicles are connected to the scalp through a gland which secretes oil in order to protect our skin and hair. This oily substances travels through the shaft of the hair and reaches the skin surface. During hormonal changes, when there is excess of oil formation and dead skin as well, it leads to acne on the surface of our skin.
• Dead skin cell formation which sheds onto the skin surface – Along with excess oil formation, sometimes dead skin cells are also released by the body which leads to itching on the skin surface
• Bacteria formation due to accumulation of excess oil and dead cells
• Hormonal changes – Hormonal changes that happen in teenagers during puberty are the main reason of acne formation as due to these changes only oil secretion from the hair fossils increase. These are also triggered during pregnancy and with the use of birth control pills.
• Uncontrolled and unhealthy diet – diet also plays a major role in acne formation. Consuming unhealthy and carbohydrate rich food items like bread, chips and so on may lead to increase in acne problem.
People have various myths around acne. You might have heard many of them saying that greasy food is the reason of acne and one should stop eating fried food but the fact is greasy food has no relevance in this subject. Some of them feel that if we do not clean our face regularly, dirt accumulation might lead to acne formation but the truth is that acne does not come in the picture because of dirt, rather dead skin cells and release of extra oil from the boy is the culprit.
There are various type of acne namely Blackheads, Whiteheads, cysts and nobules. These vary in size and the surface they appear.
How to get rid of ugly looking Acne?
You do not have to worry about Acne skin problem as these can be easily treated with medication. To prevent and cure various types of acne there are different medicines and ointment available in the market today. For an instance, to get rid of blackheads, you should try using Salicylic acid. This not only fights against blackheads and whiteheads but also reduces the dead skin shedding. An amazing fact about this acid is that it is used in shampoos that are bought to fight against acne. Few women also consume oral contraceptives as they think these pills suppress the oil formation and counter charging the active glands.Both comments and pings are currently closed.